إنتهت صلاحية هذا الإعلان الوظيفي لقد إنتهت صلاحية هذا الإعلان الوظيفي و هو غير مفتوح حاليا لأي طلبات عمل.
The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (eg. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The Editor (English) - Communications will provide English-language content for a wide range of external and internal communications material, including press releases, briefing notes, opinion articles, speeches, web stories and other articles. The Editor will also assist in copy-editing the written content of other members of the Communications team and Expo organization, as well as playing a role in liaison with external media and Expo stakeholders.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- The Editor will write/edit communication materials including press releases, briefing notes, opinion articles, speeches, web stories and other articles at the request of the Editor-in-Chief (English) for local, regional and/or international media distribution;
- The Editor will identify stories within the Expo organization and Expo stakeholders and develop them, including briefing and/or pitching notes for media;
- The Editor will play a key role in liaison with local, regional and international media, including hosting them on site and making presentations about Expo 2020 as requested by the Editor-in-Chief (English);
- The Editor will on occasion be required to oversee event planning from a Communications/editorial standpoint, providing in-depth strategies and tactics to maximize media coverage;
- The Editor will be expected to play a part in editorial strategic and tactical planning under the direction of the Editor-in-Chief (English);
- The Editor will be expected to assist in the production of promotional material and internal Expo communications at the request of the Editor-in-Chief;
- The Editor will assist with any other reasonable editing, writing or operational requests from the Editor-in-Chief in assisting to promote Expo 2020 Dubai.
6+ years’ experience in a similar role, as well as:
- A degree in communications or creative/arts related field;
- Fluent in English;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong planning and organization skills.