The Marketing Communications department handles all aspects of brand management, marketing collateral, promotions, social media, creative content and communications (including internal, external, public relations and media relations). The department outsources a number of activities to external agencies, managing those relationships and briefing them on work required.
The Destination Development Manager will play an essential role in the delivery and production of comprehensive above and below the line marketing plans, travel trade itineraries and expo 2020 product marketing materials as part of the wider Destination Marketing strategy.
Main responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead on building product itineraries for international market segments;
- Work with partners to develop itineraries that meet their needs, in line with business aims and provide destination specific advice and guidance to all stakeholders as required;
- Produce materials for marketing campaigns including the development of appropriate collaterals and destination marketing specific content pertinent to each stage of the buyer journey (ATL, BTL, TTL);
- Create and curate content to support B2B2C marketing projects;
- Manage the relationship with agencies, copywriters, printers and internal and external designers in the production of marketing campaigns with partners, with the support of Senior Managers;
- Manage the production of all marketing elements required to successfully deploy the global B2B marketing campaign in line and ensure creatives are developed accordingly and in line with internal sign off procedure and departmental strategies;
- Manage the deployment of the Authorised Ticket Reseller Brand Portal with the support of the ticketing team. Ensuring all marketing content and collateral are uploaded in conjunction with wider campaign deadlines.
7-8 years marketing experience at managerial level, as well as:
- Experience within travel trade marketing/product development crucial;
- The ideal candidate will have held positions such as:
* Product Development Manager
* Marketing Manager
* Assistant Marketing Manager
- Industry: Attractions, DMC’s, Travel or Hospitality
- Ideally, experience within the travel and hospitality product development within leisure attractions;
- Extensive knowledge of customer experiences and design of itineraries and content to drive visitation;
- Good research skills with a strong commercial awareness;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Time management skills with the ability to manage a heavy workload to tight deadlines;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within the organisation and with local suppliers;
- Ability to create content and copy for B2B marketing campaigns across all key channels;
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills;
- Fluent in Arabic written and spoken an advantage.