إنتهت صلاحية هذا الإعلان الوظيفي لقد إنتهت صلاحية هذا الإعلان الوظيفي و هو غير مفتوح حاليا لأي طلبات عمل.
The Procurement department interfaces with all of the departments and work-streams to acquire supplies and services. The department manages Expo2020 suppliers, oversees and agrees on all contracts for expenditures, ranging from buying pens to securing large companies to complete major construction projects.
The purpose of the Vice President Procurement is to lead the procurement of content and programming activities. This includes overseeing the negotiation of all contracts with all suppliers whilst ensuring maximum cost effectiveness is achieved. Maintaining agreed schedule is critical to the success of the event and this vacancy is responsible for ensuring the timescales are meet and even exceeded wherever possible.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Give strategic and operational direction to the overall procurement department for both the strategic and tactical operations;
- Develop and implement the procurement strategy with the aim of achieving ultimate cost saving efficiency;
- A proven ability to manage very tight schedule across diverse functional departments and introducing time saving measures wherever appropriate whilst mitigating risk;
- Closely construct the perfect balance of dependability between the PMC and internal resources to diminish any excess expenditure;
- Identify, develop and implement the highest international standard of policies and procedures throughout a large diversified team whilst maintaining adaptability to the local market where necessary;
- Develop relationships with Government Minister level stake holders;
- Ensure transparency and proper governance are adhered to at all times;
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work;
- Lead the division responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports.
- 15+ years experience in procurement, preferable within mega events
- A Bachelor's degree qualification, preferable in a relevant field;
- Relevant professional qualification (CIPS preferred)
- Strong understanding of the UAE market and international best practice;
- Commercial background to negotiate large contractual negotiations with vendors and contractors;
- Significant experience in Procurement;
- Demonstrate strong planning and organization skills;
- Demonstrate leadership skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.