Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Programming department is to identify and secure Expo 2020 related events during the six-month period. This should take into consideration the different visitor types and profiles, as well as the associated visitor journeys.
The Assistant Manager role will support the marketing, promotion and sales of a world-class portfolio of business events (MICE). The Assistant Manager will provide support to Head of Business Events to research and manage MICE leads, source new business events, develop sales collateral, and support the team in day-to-day market engagement tasks.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Support Head of Business Events and the team in managing MICE leads and commercial negotiations through to contracting;
- Support the team with coordination of the joint DTCM DBE roadshow and trade platform engagement, including practical arrangements for roadshows, trade events, and FAM trips;
- Research MICE event leads in target markets;
- Preparation and management of bespoke pitches and bid documentation;
- Manage knowledge by maintaining accurate, up to date CRM database and leads tracker;
- Maintain macro calendar across venues, event types and timings;
- Manage suppliers and logistics to ensure activations are delivered to brief and on schedule;
- Manage MICE general email account - handle all enquiries and direct as appropriate;
- Ensure MICE team’s continual and up to date adherence to Expo policies, procedures and frameworks.
5+ years’ experience in the MICE industry as well as:
- A Bachelor's Degree holder in a related field;
- A track record of supporting multi-disciplinary teams effectively;
- Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to support the team with several internal departments on key issues;
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible, resilient and positive through organizational growth and change.