Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover.
The purpose of the Assistant Manager – Cleaning, is to assist in the coordination of the service planning and delivery for the Cleaning Functional Area, integrating with other Event Operations Functional Areas, other business departments and external stakeholders.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist in the early program planning through to Event delivery of the overall Cleaning & Waste Management (CWM) Functional Area Operating Plan (FAOP);
- Assist in developing the short term and medium term detailed plans for Cleaning Services, to include people, procurement, and budgeting and project management;
- Assist in the management of the development, revision, and implementation of policies and procedures for all cleaning services;
- Assist in representing the division in matters related to cleaning & field operations regarding safety and operational issues;
- Assist in the coordination of planning of the management of Cleaning Services for the Expo 2020 site and the public realm;
- Assist in planning the management of the occupational health and safety for the operational period and work with all stake holders (both internal and external);
- Assist in working with the Overlay team to develop all plans for the cleaning of all Overlay, Look, Wayfinding and Signage;
- Ensuring that all company policies and procedures are adhered to, specifically to include all responsibilities and accountabilities associated with the Expo 2020 Health and Safety Policy and assurance standards.
4+ years in a role working on a previous event programme, with specific experience related to developing Cleaning and Waste Management operations;
- A Bachelor's Degree;
- Programme and/or project management experience;
- Understanding across key event operational functions, understanding the Cleaning and Waste Management dependencies with the other operational functions and non-operational directorates;
- Experience in facilities management, event operations or cleaning and waste;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural organisation, GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) region desirable;
- Good negotiation and presentation skills;
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to provide ‘hands on’ support with the venue team, undertake shift work and work extended hours when required.