Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover.
The purpose of the Coordinator – Landscaping is the first line of contact during event operations. The coordinator is responsible management of technical assets, day-to-day management of FM service providers and maintenance operations whilst integrating with other Event Operations Functional Areas and other business departments.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assist the Facilities Manager to monitor service standards in Front of House and Back of House areas throughout the event;
- Daily Bank of House and Front of House visual inspections, ensuring the landscape is in desired condition and irrigation system is working efficiently;
- Noting and raising of defects via the Expo Computer Aided Facility Management system Ensure all planned and reactive work orders are completed on site as per EXPO standards;
- Assist the site management team with the selection and mobilization of all third party service providers;
- Attend regular management meetings with service providers and note follow up actions as required, then coordinate follow up on action items;
- Review and make recommendations to maintain landscape and irrigation, maintaining accurate records as required;
- Review and recommend landscape & irrigation maintenance plan (Planned Preventative Maintenance), making accurate records Assist in the compliance of existing Health and Safety policy, safe working practices and EXPO best practice, liaising closely with the Head of department, Health & Safety Mangers;
- Provide administrative support to the Facilities Manager, arranging departmental meetings, including preparing and circulating agendas, taking minutes and monitoring agreed actions.
4+ years’ experience related to developing Site Management and operations, as well as:
- A Bachelor's degree;
- Flexible attitude and being able to adapt to rapid change;
- Rounded experience and understanding in key horticultural practices (agronomy, horticulture, arboriculture);
- Understanding of Integrated Pest Management;
- Knowledge in pesticides and pest control;
- Technical knowledge in irrigation, primary and secondary networks;
- Sufficient experience of providing a facilities or maintenance service in a busy organization;
- Experience of working with contractors and suppliers and monitoring of service standards.