Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the content and programming department is to develop and align content across the site that provides an engaging and fun experience for visitors at the Expo 2020. The role of the programming team specifically is to identify and secure events during the six-month period that delivers the promised experience for different types of visitors and their journeys.
The role of the Event Planning Director is to deliver all events taking place at Expo 2020 from concept (with creative team) through to onsite delivery (with operations) ensuring a world class delivery. This is a critical role in developing a robust engine that can deliver 60+ daily events coming through a variety of sources from commissioned events through to third party productions in a seamless execution for 173 days.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Work with the creative teams and the VP programming to ensure all events start with a solid foundation for a seamless delivery;
- Be the single point of contact for all production teams for the delivery of events responding to their needs of artists liaisons, security, protocol, spectator services, technical riders, artists riders, equipment deliveries and any other needs;
- Develop an event planning guide that outlines all the aspects of a successful event at Expo 2020. This guide should serve as a template for all internal and external events that will be planned at Expo 2020 from conceptualization to delivery;
- Ensure visitor experience is at the heart of the delivery and all event services cater to delivering the outlined principles of event delivery;
- Develop a project management approach that allows for internal and external planning teams for individual events to plan and deliver events;
- Work with the venue operations team to develop a good understanding of the technical and support spaces available at the Expo 2020 site;
- Develop a robust network of third party vendors that would serve as service providers for services not covered by Expo 2020 internal teams;
- Lead the negotiation of the commercial terms with the event service providers and vendors;
10+ years of experience in delivering large, complex programmes of events ideally running large festivals and/or large scale events as well as:
- A Bachelor’s Degree holder in a related field;
- A track record of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams effectively;
- Ability to manage, direct and coordinate a wide range of people at differing levels of authority;
- Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to lead a team that supports several internal departments on key issues;
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible, resilient and positive through organizational growth and change;