Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Ceremonies and Daily Production team will be responsible for the delivery the Expo 2020 Opening and Closing Ceremonies, The Special Days, The Daily Show in the iconic Al Wasl Venue, and the programming of the daily Al Wasl content
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Establish a Ceremonies program plan, integrating all the key creative, production and technical streams of the production packages in timelines, milestones, delivery schedules and integrating them with Expo Integrated Operations Office system;
- Establish a Ceremonies program plan that will be part of the operational planning and delivery of the Expo 2020 Opening & Closing Ceremonies and the other activities that will happen in Al Wasl Plaza;
- Provide the on-going Project Management for the scheduling and delivery of projects and milestones and the management of operational risks and issues;
- Relationship management of the pre-event (planning and production) and during –event (delivery and execution) Ceremonies contractors and the integration with Expo 2020 Integrated Planning and key Departments;
- Support the SVP Ceremonies & Daily Production in the programming, budgeting, recruitment and leadership of the Department;
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues;
- Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate learning and development programs.
15+years’ experience in project management and major events, as well as:
- Significant experience with planning and delivery of large scale Ceremonies and shows;
- Knowledge of Mega Event operational planning and delivery;
- Significant experience in delivering large, complex programmes of work;
- A track record of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams effectively;
- Ability to manage, direct and coordinate a wide range of people at differing levels of authority;
- Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to lead a team that supports several internal departments on key issues;
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible, resilient and positive through organizational growth and change.