Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Duty Security Officer (DSO) will manage ingress and egress security control measures, inclusive of perimeter security, across the Expo 2020 site to effect the seamless delivery of Expo 2020 security standards through each transition phase. The position holder is required to work one eight-hour (rotational shift) per day, five days a week, with two days off in every seven days.
Duty Security officers will develop site security management plans and afford Expo 2020 oversight of the Expo site, 24/7. Responsibilities will evolve over time to meet the needs of the security department which in turn will develop to address the needs of Expo 2020 programme as it progresses through current and future phases.
Main Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and premises, understanding the location, site roads, contractor companies, sub-contractors, consultants and point of contacts;
- Immediately respond to issues to provide necessary assistance when needed;
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and accident / incident investigations;
- Collaborate with all primary contractor and their security team to ensure that the premises and all assets are safe at all times;
- Familiarize staff on parking procedures and assist them to reserve parking for VVIP and protocol officers;
- Check on the delivery management system and resolve issues related to DMS with the coordination of DMS support team;
- Randomly check vehicles moving around the site with valid access passes and report on non-compliance if appropriate;
- Monitor the security fence of expo 2020 and ensure no trespassing is allowed. Also monitor Expo 2020 security partners, ensuring that they are performing within the Expo 2020 guidelines.
- A Bachelor Degree or recognized Security Qualification;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated Conflict resolution experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in partnership with others;
- Demonstrated ICT Skills in particular in MS Office and MS Project and other information management software;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, with an ability to work with all nationalities;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and incident management experience.