Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (eg. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The Editor (Arabic)– Communications plays a key role in the communications team, working with internal and external stakeholders to write content and translate for the Arabic content and take part in supporting Expo’s strategic objectives.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Writing material for the Arabic content that helps tell Expo 2020 Dubai’s story, while maintaining the style of Expo;
- Coordinating with the English Press Office in stories of mutual interest, including translating stories into English;
- Conducting the research needed to produce waterproof material Coordinating with other departments to fulfil the tasks in a timely manner;
- Generate positive press coverage of Expo 2020 Dubai conferences; manage relationships with other department;
- Revising and proofreading material and occasional translation as needed.
4+ years of experience in journalism as well as:
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English;
- Experience in Arabic media in UAE and/or the region;
- Ability to produce clean and accurate material on deadline;
- A BA degree or equivalent in journalism or a relevant subject;
- Outstanding Arabic Language skills with hawk eye proofreading skills.