Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Human Resources Operations function is to provide quality HR services to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce, create and maintain a supportive work environment, delivered with an emphasis on strong customer service, consultation and communication.
This role will be responsible for aligning the delivery objectives of Expo 2020 Dubai with people resources within the paid workforce budget, providing expert advice to management on all people-related issues, and for recruiting and mobilising an Emirati and International workforce, cooperating with all departments and stakeholders to ensure the most talented individuals are appointed to Expo 2020.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Manage the HR business partner model for Expo 2020 functions;
- Manage the ‘demand’ and ‘supply’ for paid staff headcount in line with agreed organisational plans and budgets;
- Manage the people aspects of the key organisational transitions from pre-Event to Event Time to Dissolution;
- Lead the functional area ‘client’ relationship facing activity related to the development of an integrated workforce plan (Paid, Contractor, Volunteers) working alongside the Head of Workforce and Head of Volunteers;
- Provide a detailed resource plan specification (roles, job descriptions and start/end dates) and implement the resourcing strategy;
- Ensure the effective recruitment and onboarding of Paid staff;
- Manage the relationship with recruitment suppliers ensuring delivery of recruitment targets, consistent delivery of world class talent within appropriate time to hire targets;
- Provide support to Line managers in the final stage recruitment of all management staff;
- Manage the transition of all Expo paid workforce members from planning roles to operational delivery for Event time as required in conjunction with the Head of Workforce;
- Work closely with the Heads of Departments providing expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring, performance management);
- Manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with Expo 2020 policies
- Implement and maintain Expo 2020 HR policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of all paid staff.
10+ years of experience within a similar field as well as:
- A Bachelor's Degree;
- Previous mega-event experience in the same function;
- Specialized Job Knowledge;
- Regional experience;
- Supportive and Cooperative;
- Effective Communication.