Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Journey Events department is responsible for delivering all Events throughout the coming years to Expo 2020. The department delivers events within various scales that include Ceremonies, Launches, Conferences, Exhibitions, Meetings and Special/VIP events.
The Journey Events team plays a crucial role in planning and delivering a series of strategic events and initiatives during the journey to Expo 2020 that are staged annually and vary in scale and complexity.
The Head of Operations & Events role is to provide senior-level operational, events and projects delivery support to the Journey Events team following Expo 2020 processes, governance and procurement criteria. The Head of Operations and Events will work collaboratively with the team and the wider organization to implement and manage the event/project planning and delivery process on the ground while maintaining the back of house department operations.
The candidate is also responsible to ensure that the department’s suppliers are properly managed, that systems work efficiently and that meaningful reporting and visibility to senior management is provided.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Define the short term and long-term goals and objectives for the Operations & Events function and agree this with the Director – Journey Events;
-Maintain the Event Calendar and plan and execute all events/projects as per the brief with the assigned team;
- Oversee compliance with Governance, Contracts, Procurement and Finance policies, processes and procedures by all functional areas, advising the Director – Journey Events on any related matters that requires his/her further consideration or intervention;
- Delegate responsibilities efficiently and supervise the work of Event Managers providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance;
- Oversee and prepare an annual plan and budget for Journey Events as well as define the department’s mode of operation, reporting structure and the roles and responsibilities of all staff in the horizontal operations support function;
- Keeping abreast of all Lifestyle and Technology trends as well as all key local and international events;
- Oversee the value stream to ensure operational excellence, engagement from suppliers and project delivery improvements are achieved;
- Strategically define, procure and manage contracts for framework agencies that ensure delivery against the full scope of the department.
12+ years of experience in a leadership event role, people management as well as:
- A Bachelor’s Degree holder in a related field;
- Experienced in communication and influencing skills at a senior level;
- Proven track record in planning and managing high-profile events for large and complex multinational organisations;
- Significant experience in the UAE gaining strong knowledge and understanding of local rules and regulations as it pertains to events;
- Ability to translate business strategy into day to day delivery;
- Strong commercial understanding and previous accountability for profit targets;
- Fluent in English (with second language but not compulsory).