Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Protocol department conducts internal & external stakeholder events and meetings and monitors protocol activities for events across all divisions. The department’s secretariat activities include scoping, planning and managing Expo 2020 Protocol Guest Group engagements and the events that lead up to and during Expo 2020.
The Protocol Head of Secretariat will be developing the service strategies and organization to support VVIP and VIP client requirements prior to and during the Expo 2020 Dubai.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop operational strategies for implementation in respect of servicing the needs of VVIP, VIP and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Support for and coordination of official ceremonies and visits of internal and external Protocol Group stakeholders;
- Coordination advisory services for Expo 2020 Dubai leadership in respect of ceremonial and protocol related matters;
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures in respect of accreditation of members of the VVIP, VIP and personalities;
- Provide support, coordination, advice and assistance to relevant governmental organisations in respect of visits by VVIP, VIP and other defined guest categories;
- Support the development, implementation and coordination of the guidelines in respect of national day and other ceremonial matters. Ensure the appropriate procedures for communicating through the diplomatic channels as required;
-Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high level protocol organizational roles, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong diplomatic, management & operational capabilities. Approachable, active listening skills and encourages growth and team work with the department and organization;
- Confident, capable collaborative manager, with exceptional attention to detail and time management;
- Project management, financial and planning management skills;
- Degree qualified or relevant experience required;
- Strong communications skills;
- Cultural sensitivity.