Program Purpose and Design The Expo 2020 Internship Program is part of the Emiratization Strategy and to qualify for it, the applicant has to be a UAE national that is either looking for work placement or graduated with no experience. The program scheme is designed to give our Interns a meaningful exposure to Mega Events/Expo 2020 and an opportunity to gain hands-on experience while training under event’s specialized functions. There will be specific key performance indicators dedicated to capture; work environment exposure, industry /function knowledge and student’s contribute to the function. A detailed training kit will be discussed and signed between the Intern and the department to ensure specified learning is captured and recorded by the end of the program. The internship can start according to student availability and department’s readiness. The Expo 2020 Internship Program offers a chance to: - experience working on a mega-event; - gain exposure to real life work and to build skills for future employability; - learn from the best talent there is in mega-events. All interns will conduct a final presentation at the end of the program to demonstrate their learning and will receive a letter of recommendation, while outstanding interns may be offered opportunities to further their careers with Expo 2020 Dubai.
The intern is expected to support their assigned departments or teams meet thier project goals.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Provide administrative support to team members within a department/function, following up on activities and communicating as appropriate;
- Assisting with relevant departmental research, benchmarking and other initiatives as required;
- Liaising with other Expo 2020 Dubai functions to support and implement initiatives as required;
- Acting as an ambassador of Expo 2020 at various internal and external events, forums, exhibitions and activities;
- Attending to inquiries and managing follow-up with internal and external stakeholders;
- Attending meetings;
- Supporting on activities that enable the department to achieve its goals and objectives, including databases, excel records etc;
- Record, collate and retain information to demonstrate progress against KPIs, goals and objectives;
- Actively participate in workshops and meetings with consultants, and other stakeholders;
- Provide inputs and suggest improvements to the departmental processes and initiatives;
- Prepare reports, briefs and presentations as required to meet departmental requirements;
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the manager/HOD.
- In the last year of your Bachelor or Diploma degree from an accredited university in one of the industry relevant disciplines e.g. Finance, Marketing and Communications, Real Estate and Construction, Engineering, Architecture, Event Operations, Procurement, Organizational Development, Business and Business Administration, Law, Human Resources, other;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English & Arabic;
- The following skills will be advantageous to your application: effective presentation skills, ability to cope with changing environments, planning and organizational skills, quality and detail orientation;
- A positive, “can-do” attitude;
- Motivated to learn, contribute and achieve.