Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Community Engagement team is dedicated to reenergising and accelerating the wave of excitement, national pride and support that helped sweep the UAE to victory in the 2013 bid to be named as the 2020 World Expo host. Between now and October 2020, the team is responsible for developing and delivering a rich programme of public events, outreach activities and traditional and digital campaigns that will excite and engage both the Emirati and expat community – from government officials and business leaders, to students and families – ensuring that the nation is ready to welcome the world in 2020, be part of the “I was there” moment of our generation and both contribute to, and benefit from, the Expo’s enduring legacy.
The Communications Manager – English will play an important role in developing written content that will ensure the effective delivery of key messages to relevant audiences as part of the team’s outreach and engagement efforts.
Main responsibilities for the role include:
- Creating key messaging and proof points that will serve as the foundation for all communications;
- Developing impactful written material to be used during outreach activities, including speeches, talking points, briefing documents and presentations;
- Creating additional written content to support the work of the wider team, including content for social media and editorial content;
- Ensuring that content is tailored to the specific audience, using relevant messaging and tone of voice to achieve maximum impact;
- Revising, editing and proofreading material created by other stakeholders as needed;
- Collaborate with different departments across the organisation and liaise directly with agencies where required;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and share ideas on how to deliver on the team’s mandate in the most effective and engaging way;
6+ years of experience in Communications or a relevant field as well as:
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in Communications or a relevant subject;
- Outstanding English language skills with excellent proofreading abilities;
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent understanding of the importance of tone of voice and an ability to tailor material to specific audiences;
- Ability to produce clean and accurate material on deadline;