Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The International Participants Department at Expo 2020 Dubai is responsible for the management of quality participation of official participants to the Expo. The Opportunity Pavilion team is responsible for the development of the Pavilion’s visitor experience, content, programming, and partnerships. The Pavilion will be the dedicated space to coalesce conversations and partners around the SDGs. The Opportunity Pavilion will be the main venue at Expo 2020 Dubai for Expo participants to highlight core issues confronting humanity in the 21st century, framed around the overarching theme of human dignity and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Opportunity Pavilion will provide a global and unifying platform for official Expo 2020 Dubai participants such as multilaterals, international organisations and individual countries, as well as non-official participants such as the private sector, non-governmental organisations and foundations to: • Showcase achievements over the last five years (2015 to 2020) • Utilise the Opportunity Pavilion as a space to actively cross-pollinate and co-create among a number of different stakeholders • Highlight key areas that can be achieved and that need to be achieved in the subsequent ten years (2020 to 2030) for all of humanity to achieve its collective target of global opportunity • Showcase tangible solutions to some of the world’s largest challenges through a selection of projects effectively localising the SDGs in Expo’s Global Best Practice Programme (https://www.expo2020dubai.com/en/best-practice-programme#about)
The Manager of Expo’s Global Best Practice Programme in the Opportunity Pavilion plays a critical role in designing and running the Call for Proposals and implementing their results into the SDG-driven content programmatic development of the pavilion.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Support design, management and execution of the Global Best Practice Programme, in collaboration with the Senior Manager, Global Best Practice Programme in the Opportunity Pavilion;
- Lead preparation of the Call for Proposals evaluation matrix, establish database to capture all best practices for consideration, review proposal submissions, make recommendations for shortlist, and coordinate evaluation with the international selection committee (comprising of international development agencies);
- Serve as the daily focal point for the Global Best Practice Programme Call for Proposals on any technical, operational, logistical queries. Manage the online submission platform – ensure regular monitoring of content and functionality, respond to the queries from interested participants, interface with IFT on technical issues and glitches, and other related issues that may arise;
- Contribute to developing and implementing a Communications plan for the Global Best Practice Programme, as well as identifying and pursuing other dissemination approaches;
- Prepare governance documents, monitoring reports, analysis and presentations for the Best Practice Programme as and when needed. Support design and content of the Programme website, Small Steps, Big Leaps, including a potential bi-monthly e-newsletter / blog for the Programme;
- Contribute to the development of the Opportunity Pavilion SDG / international development subject matter, content and programming from inception to delivery, significantly fed by Best Practices;
- Assist in identifying opportunities to collaborate with local and international stakeholders as part of the pavilion’s development, especially with respect to the SDGs and best practices in localisation of Agenda 2030;
- Support work on SDG-driven content and programming, and management of partnerships as and when needed; this may include representing the Best Practice Programme / Opportunity Pavilion team in stakeholder consultations, partner meetings, external events, etc
- 6+ years relevant experience in content, programmes and partnerships for international development;
- Master’s degree or higher;
- Structured thinking: can identify gaps and overlapping elements; structure programmes/ideas/initiatives from scratch;
- Implementation: can develop and execute implementation plans for programmes/ideas/initiatives;
- Research: can quickly identify the right data sources; pick up relevant information, and synthesize complex and confounding information into simple insights;
- Reporting: can produce succinct reports in PowerPoint and Word, including data visualizations; applies editing, proof-reading and finds relevant imagery;
- Analytics: can use quantitative and qualitative methods, structure Excel files, manage and clean data, and produce reports. Comfortable with basic data operations (e.g. Pivot tables, data visualization and formatting);
- Presentation and composure: comfortable presenting in front of diverse stakeholders and deliver work in fast-paced team environment.