Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
On behalf of Expo 2020 and Her Excellency, the Integrated Operations Office will seek to deliver the integrated delivery programme for the organisation from now until the commencement of the Event. The office will drive the organisation through the planning and readiness phases, by integrating all department delivery plans, and setup a robust structure of governance, command & control for event time.
The Manager - Programme will liaise and work with Department teams to ensure they are planning and integrated effectively to ensure the delivery of the Expo2020 Programme. The Manager - Programme will be responsible for key Departments leading on the content across the site.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Provide programme and project management support to Divisions and Departments in the day-to-day planning, readiness and integrated operational delivery of Expo 2020;
- Facilitate activities for Department teams to ensure accurate definition and reflection of scope, dependencies and timelines in plans and identify key areas of integration with other Departments;
- Ensure regular monitoring of key projects, critical milestones, risks & issues for key Departments, identifying trends and significant cross-departmental impacts;
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the relevant Department representatives to ensure alignment with IOO processes and reporting cycles;
- Work closely with the Scheduling Manager to ensure the Change Management Process for Programme Milestones is working efficiently;
- Tracking and communication of changes across scope of services and milestones in line with the weekly decision making and reporting process.
6+ years’ experience in project management or similar positions;
- A Bachelor’s Degree;
- A track record of successful project management and delivery of a wide range of complex projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop solutions;
- Structured thinker, highly organized;
- Flexible, resilient and positive through organisational growth and change;
- Transparency, integrity and honesty;
- Experience of working in the GCC region;
- Project Management certification from a recognised institution (e.g. PMI or PRINCE2);
- Knowledge of Mega Event operational planning and delivery.