Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover.
The purpose of the Manager - Site Management role is to oversee the service planning for the Site Management Functional Area including all activities related to operational management of technical assets, day to day management of FM service providers and maintenance operations whilst integrating with other Event Operations Functional Areas and other business departments.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Responsible for the mobilisation of maintenance services for the respective site including Event delivery of the overall Site Management Functional Area Operating Plan (FAOP) and ensuring that the Facilities Management (FM) Service Providers align with the FAOP;
- Collaborate with other business departments, such as Real Estate and Delivery (RE&D) and the Programme Management Consultant (PMC) to focus on an integrated planning approach for the handover of MEP assets;
- Ensure alignment with RE&D and Expo Consultants (Dome) for Asset Handover strategy and implementation highlighting gaps in DLP’s and warranty periods where applicable;
- Ensure the short term and medium term operating plans for the SMA Functional Area are implemented and updated on an ongoing basis;
- Act as the focal point for the assigned Zones and provide input for the SMA Functional Area into the ongoing development of the ‘Concept of Operations’ and Functional Area Operating Plans;
- Ensure the delivery of Facilities Management services for all Event Operations owned and operated venues within the site and successfully implement effective management across the functional areas;
- Coordinate the planning and management of the asset maintenance for the Expo site, including management of the asset register and access system/key allocation and distribution;
- Coordinate the planning and management of the occupational health and safety for the operational period and work with Real Estate and Delivery to ensure a seamless transition to operations;
- Liaise with the wider Expo teams to assist with the development of the plans for installation, maintenance and overlay of wayfinding and signage;
- Integrate with other Event Operations Functional Areas to plan for the ongoing management of the site during operations e.g. maintenance of the venues, logging of issues and tracking of resolutions.
6+ years in a similar role working within a highly dynamic and complex environment, with specific experience related to developing Site Management and operations;
- A Bachelor's Degree;
- FM based programme / project management experience coordinating large scale FM operations across multiple service streams;
- Knowledge across key event operational functions with the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Site Management dependencies in conjunction with the operational functions and non-operational directorates;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural organisation, GCC region desirable;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Experience in managing a large departmental program;
- Experience in business case development / options analysis;
- Knowledge of previous Expo/Mega event operations.