Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Technology is critical to the success of the Expo. The Innovation and Future Technology (IFT) team is responsible for the design, provision and operation of all systems, including site technology, business IT and telecoms in all areas to support the needs of the Expo. The programme is delivered largely through working with a number of technology partners, and through a close working relationship with a number of other organisations.
The role of the Manager is primarily to support the Value Realisation Director with administration, maintenance and reporting related to the IFT budget, expenditure and forecasting as well as support other VR functions when required, such as performance reporting, management of change requests, internal / government audit, development, documentation and rollout of IFT policies and procedures, and related training and hands-on support of IFT staff.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Design, implement and maintain the IFT budget and forecast;
- Track and report IT projects actual expenditure vs. budget;
- Ensure timely, accurate and efficient administration of purchase requests, purchase orders, service entry sheets and goods received notes for goods and services purchased by IFT;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of IFT’s functional and project-related financial performance (actual vs. budget expenditure) with analysis and explanations of significant variances and suggested corrective action;
- Cashflow forecasting and other reporting as may be required by the Expo Finance department from time to time;
- Work with departmental leadership as well as functional and project managers to ensure that IFT OPEX and CAPEX budgets are appropriately utilized but not exceeded.
6+ years practical experience in financial management and administration, preferably as part of an IT project management office (PMO);
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related subject;
- Experience in the use of Excel to manage budgets, forecasts and actual expenditure preferably in a complex, multi-project IT environment;
- Significant experience in management, analysis and reporting of project and functional budget variances;
- Hands-on experience of using SAP to manage purchase requests, purchase orders and record service entries and goods receipts;
- Practical understanding of ITIL policies and procedures;
- General understanding of financial management of IT projects and contracts;
- Project change management experience;
- ITIL certification.