Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Event Operations department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. Event Operations includes the following service areas: (1) Accreditation, (2) Cleaning & Waste Management, (3) Guest Services, (4) Logistics, (5) Site Management, (6) Transport Traffic & Parking and (7) Venue Operations.
The purpose of the Zonal Logistics Manager is to manage the off-loading of materials from the Logistics vehicles (e.g. FF&E - furniture, fixtures & equipment) and deliver them to their end location or as per the agreed requirements.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Help to ensure that material and equipment for Expo 2020 and all key stakeholders are stored at relevant on-site and offsite locations;
- Liaise with the other Logistics work streams to support an efficient and economical end-to-end Logistics operation;
- Work directly with Expo departments to identify their scope for Venue services across all venues in his/her respective Site Zone;
- Lead on the monitoring and tracking of venue and commodity specific inventory to ensure the needs of all Expo 2020 functions will be met during the event operations;
- Provide advice, consultation and updates to different departments, participants as well as suppliers and other external stakeholders in their efforts to integrate the Expo 2020 Venue Logistics policies;
- Assist in coordinating and receiving deliveries in and out of the Expo 2020 Venues, ensuring that this is done efficiently so that all relevant systems (e.g. Warehouse Management System) are up to date;
- Assist with the planning and execution of the post-Expo 2020 recovery of all assets;
- Ensure that resources, based on the approved Expo 2020 Venue Logistics manpower budgets, are utilized efficiently in support of Logistics operations.
6+ years’ experience in management of logistics or warehousing operations as well as:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree;
- Experience working in a previous multi-venue major event;
- Experience working with a third-party logistics provider;
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal and external);
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to communicate well and consistently at Director/Executive level down to large teams of workforce e.g. venue crew;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience working in the UAE or GCC.