Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover.
The purpose of the Zonal Logistics Manager is to manage the off-loading of materials from the Logistics vehicles (e.g. FF&E - furniture, fixtures & equipment) and deliver them to their end location or as per the agreed requirements. Expo 2020 Venue Logistics will also manage the planning, communication and implementation of reverse logistics and associated dissolution activities of Expo for Logistics. The Zonal Logistics Manager will lead and manage Venue Logistics operations across multiple Zones on the Expo 2020 site, working closely with all relevant functional areas and Logistics Senior Management to scope, plan and implement resources and equipment across their respective Expo 2020 Zones.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Along with the Senior Venue Logistics Manager and the other Zonal Logistics Managers, lead the Venue Logistics work stream within the Event Operations Logistics Function, and to ensure that material and equipment for Expo 2020 and all key stakeholders are stored at on-site and offsite locations according to relevant standards and procedures necessary for event operations;
- Assist and liaise with the other Logistics work stream Senior Managers (i.e. Customs & Freight Forwarding, Material Management, Warehousing, Distribution, Programme Management) with their requirements to support an efficient and economical end-to-end Logistics operation;
- Assist, liaise, support and work collaboratively with the Expo 2020 Official Logistics Partner in relation to the Venue Logistics elements of the Logistics Services Agreement;
- Working in collaboration with the Senior Venue Logistics Manager and the other Zonal Logistics Managers to define the short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the Venue Logistics work stream and agree this with the Head of Logistics;
- Continually improve Expo 2020 Venue Logistics Processes, Policies and Procedures;
- Agree with Senior Venue Logistics Manager, Venue Logistics work stream deliverables on a 3 month rolling basis.
6+ years’ experience in management of logistics or warehousing operations as well as:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree;
- Experience working in a previous multi-venue major event;
- Experience working with a third-party logistics provider;
- Strong understanding of innovation drivers and content;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders (internal and external);
- Excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to communicate well and consistently at Director/Executive level down to large teams of workforce e.g. venue crew;
- Strong project management skills.