Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Event Operations department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. Event Operations includes the following service areas: (1) Accreditation, (2) Cleaning & Waste Management, (3) Guest Services, (4) Logistics, (5) Site Management, (6) Transport Traffic & Parking and (7) Venue Operations.
The purpose of the Zone Manager role is to lead on the operational design, planning, readiness and delivery of a designated zone within the Expo2020 Site. This role will work with all internal business departments to plan an integrated operation, and involve engagement with all relevant and dependent external partners
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Lead the zone planning teams in ensuring all operations are integrated and striving for excellence in delivering seamless operations;
- In the Pre-Operational Phase, Zone Planning Managers will be responsible for developing and integrating operating plans; engaging and coordinating Zone stakeholders, supporting the transition from construction to operation, conducting test events, supporting the design & planning of Zone Operations Centers;
- Once the Expo Site opens, the Zone Manager is responsible for supporting the ongoing management and operation of a Zone. This will include a multitude of key tasks, such as:
- Leading Zone stakeholder coordination and integrated event delivery ensuring integration with the Zone Operations Centre’s.
- Ensure seamless operations throughout the Zone by leading cross-functional operational delivery over the 6 month event period.
- Ensure all staff/contractors/volunteers operating in a zone are adhering to Expo2020 Health & Safety practices.
- Lead daily Zonal briefings and de-briefings as well establishing Zonal briefing framework.
- Oversee production of all event documentation including Zone Operating Plans, Venue Operating Plans, Daily Run Sheets, Event Hot-Sheets ensuring accuracy and timeliness of completion/distribution. Producing event debrief and other reports as required.
6+ years’ experience in a senior role working on a previous major event programme or leisure attraction with specific experience related to Venue Operations as well as:
- A Bachelor's Degree;
- Programme / project manager experience supporting large complex projects;
- Knowledge across all key event operational functions, understanding the Venue Operations dependencies with the other operational departments;
- Experience in building teams and enhancing/developing them ready for operations;
- Designing service levels against predefined services, and planning transition to operations;
- Understanding of United Arab Emirates (UAE) culture and heritage;
- Experience working in the UAE.