Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (e.g. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The Press and Broadcast Operations Co-ordinator will be part of the Media Operations team who are responsible for design, planning and management of all media facilities, services and operational requirements.
Media Operations, a department within Communications, is responsible for providing all the services and facilities the accredited media need to do their jobs, both when on the Expo site and when working remotely. This includes all the planning and preparation in advance of the Event.
Reporting to the Head of Press Operations and Head of Broadcast Operations, the Press and Broadcast Operations Co-ordinator role will jointly support these two Heads and their Senior Management teams in operational planning for Expo 2020 and will play a vital role in shaping the operation of the departments. The Co-ordinator will provide coordination and management support to the teams for day-to-day scoping, work planning and scheduling throughout the planning, readiness and operational delivery phases.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide support to all areas of Press and Broadcast Operations and assist with the operational planning process for the departments;
- Prepare and maintain appropriate supporting documents, accurate filing and assist in the process of managing relationships with departments across the organisation;
- Responsible for the co-ordination of all media opportunities in-house pre-Event and support to the Expo Media Centre (EMC) management team in delivering media briefings and conferences during Event time;
- Establish reporting requirements, project planning updates and team management processes while centrally coordinating the departments activities and compliances;
- Manage reporting deadlines and milestones, coordinate team meetings and assist in the recruitment of future team members, on boarding and induction;
- Assist where required with event-time staff and volunteer training;
- Assist in dealing with media and database management;
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment be complying with the corporation’s health and safety policies, standards practices and program.
- 2+ years in a similar role and experience delivering high quality services within an office environment;
- A Bachelor degree or diploma within a related field;
- Experience in project management and working in and with large organisations;
- Experience in assisting media events, briefings, conferences and experience with supporting a team in an administrative capacity;
- Excellent written and verbal skills,strong problem solving capabilities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude;
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- High level of computer skills – Microsoft office, Excel, etc;
- Fluent in Arabic and English.