Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Visitor Experience Integration team helps provide site intelligence to the entire Expo 2020 Dubai organisation. Concepts are documented, integrated and woven into captivating journeys and visitor experiences. – Acting as guardians to help align the theme, vision and values of Expo 2020; documenting, gathering and maintaining updates; expanding the collection of experiential content; helping contributors transform ideas into deliverable projects that can be integrated into the site design and visitor facing information such as digital screens, guides, publications, maps. The team is also responsible for the organisation and delivery of the World Majlis, the Expo’s thematic signature programme, before and during the Expo 2020 Dubai.
The Project Manager provides programme management support in programming to plan, track and manage major milestones for the team. With a focus on the day-to-day planning, readiness and operational delivery of Expo 2020, the project manager is responsible for liaising and working with internal/external programme and project managers to ensure that all departmental projects are coordinated effectively and delivered on time, cost and within quality expectations.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide programme management support at the departmental level in order to manage the portfolio of projects in order to ensure the projects are executed within the timelines, costs and quality expected;
- Adopt best practice portfolio project management approach to ensure oversight in the delivery of projects being executed by individual teams from idea to execution. The oversight function to including ensuring adherence to timelines, budget, resource allocation and adherence to policies;
- Set up and manage a risk management practise to ensure all the projects follow a risk;
- Identification and mitigation best practises. Ensure all major risks are identified and reported to management in a timely manner;
- Set up and manage the budgetary oversight function in collaboration with the finance and commercial team to ensure adherence to overall budget and cash flow rates;
- Set up and manage executive dashboard for Content and Programming to have a real time view of the projects, risks, budgets and inter-departmental dependencies;
6+ years of experience in delivering large, complex programmes of work as well as:
- A Bachelor’s Degree holder in a related field;
- A track record of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams effectively;
- Ability to manage, direct and coordinate a wide range of people at differing levels of authority;
- Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to lead a team that supports several internal departments on key issues;
- Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment;
- Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible, resilient and positive through organizational growth and change;
- Experience of working in the GCC region;
- Significant experience in project management methods and techniques supported by a recognized Project Management certification (e.g. PMP or PRINCE2);