Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Protocol Department is responsible for the planning, building, and delivery of the Protocol Operations and monitors the development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
The role of the Protocol Senior Manager International Visits is to manage protocol matters under the leadership of the Protocol Head of International Visits, maintaining political sensitivities, formulating and planning programs and other logistic arrangements; to facilitate the visit of officials, international dignitaries, members of Intergovernmental Organizations, etc.; coordinating and supervising all the protocol arrangements on the occasion of important international ceremonies and functions prior to and during the Expo 2020 Dubai, also to update the Head of International Visits regularly.
This role ensures the highest quality of service, excellence and hospitality, leading to the delivery of a truly great Expo.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Contribute and support the establishment of short, medium and long-term goals and objectives for the function, aligned to organizational vision, mission, values and goals;
- Contribute to drafting and establishing a comprehensive set of Protocol guidelines, to ensure that the appropriate service offering is delivered and reviewed from time to time. Ensure that the guidelines remain relevant and consistent for both internal and external use;
- Assist in the establishment of the ‘Principles of Protocol visit Operations’ pre-Expo 2020 and during Expo 2020 event mode, aligned to Expo 2020 mission and legacy aspiration;
- Contribute to the development of operating plans, Policy and Procedures within Protocol requirements and objectives, and working within these plans to meet objectives, timelines and deadlines;
- Coordinate and supervise all the protocol arrangements in case of official ceremonies, visits of international dignitaries, intergovernmental organizations representatives, celebrities, and high profile personalities, prior to and during the Expo 2020 Dubai;
- Supervise flag and anthem program, quality control, storing and logistics for any event related to Expo 2020;
- Provide support, coordination, and act as an advisory to relevant governmental organizations in respect of visits by VVIP, VIP and other defined guest categories;
- Assist in the development, implementation and coordination of the Protocol guidelines in particular with respect of national day celebrations and other ceremonial matters.
- Degree qualified in International Relations, Political Sciences or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in high level protocol organizational roles, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong diplomatic, management & operational capabilities;
- Demonstrated Teamwork skills;
-Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills;
-Strong Project management skills;
- Professional qualification in diplomacy or Protocol;
- Ability to speak other foreign languages e.g. French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Mandarin.