Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Communications team plays a crucial role in the success of Expo 2020 Dubai by driving awareness and engagement, and highlighting the projects taking place as part of the journey to Expo. Whether it is attracting SMEs or volunteers, or strengthening Expo’s youth engagement or clearly defining what Expo 2020 means, effective communication is vital in our journey to one of the most successful World Expos ever.
The Senior Editor (English) – Communications will play a key role in the communications team, working with internal and external stakeholders to write and edit content for external and internal purposes and take part in supporting Expo’s strategic objectives.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist English Editor-in-Chief with editorial planning and strategy as required;
- Ensure consistent style, tone and messaging across all Expo 2020 external communications;
- Write material that helps tell Expo 2020 Dubai’s story, while maintaining the style and tone of a World Expo planned for all people;
- Compose press releases, media pitches, statements to media, PR plans, media and consumer Q&A’s, key messages and other documents related to corporate initiatives and announcements;
- Foster and maintain relationships with local and international media to build on a network of relations that helps distribute Expo’s content on a large scale;
- Generate positive press coverage of Expo 2020 Dubai conferences and manage relationships with journalists at such events;
- Help oversee effective coordination and management of delivery by agencies and other teams;
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfil tasks in a timely manner;
- Assist with the management and oversight of the Expo 2020 Dubai English News Desk;
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports, if any;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues, if any;
- Exemplify the culture and vision of Expo 2020 by role-modelling organisational behaviors and through performance management, feedback and coaching.
8+ years’ experience in similar roles, as well as:
- Native level of written and spoken English;
- Experience in communications planning, media engagement, and social media;
- Expert level of written English, with the ability to produce clean and accurate material on deadline;
- At least eight years of experience in journalism and/or relevant PR or corporate communications;
- A BA degree or equivalent in journalism or a relevant subject.