Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Finance Department is responsible for managing all the financial aspects of EXPO 2020. The department functions include planning organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling finances, as well as reporting and producing financial statements.
The purpose of the Senior Financial Analyst-VIK is to monitoring and reporting of Value –in-Kind contracts. The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for interacting to function heads and end users to ensure that expenditure and the VIK is align with the budget.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Business partner with the business to drive and develop the budget and outlook activities for assigned areas, including the review and approval process for both OpEx and CapEx;
- Develop and review mechanisms to track key performance measures to ensure this can be understood by all key stakeholders;
- Assist in the preparation of the business plan and understand the implications on OpEx and CapEx to ensure these are included in the budgets/forecasts;
- Provide insightful and forward looking commentary for all variances to budgets/outlooks, ensuring that this provides assigned areas with key actions to remediate variances;
- Own cost control processes for assigned areas, including cost performance analysis and financial investigations;
- Develop an understanding of underlying trends within assigned areas and be able to spot the emergence of new trends through review of the numbers and also through developing relationships across all areas of the business;
- Advise management of significant variances in performance/projects and support solutions for possible corrective actions;
- Assist and support with process improvements to the finance structure, systems and processes, coordinating with the relevant departments where required;
- Advise functional areas on any potential operational improvements and contribute ideas to the departmental heads and Finance.
- Minimum Accounting qualification requirement - MBA/CMA/CIMA, ICA/ACCA or CA/CPA (Accounting & Business Management);
- Minimum 3 years of working experience ideally in a similar role preferably within the Events industry;
- Good understanding of operations projects/areas;
- Strong Understanding of budgeting and reporting requirements and IFRS standards;
- Financial modeling skills with proficiency knowledge in MS Office applications;
- Excellent knowledge of Performance Reporting tools/ applications;
- Analytical ability with good understanding of business, detail oriented and problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Oracle / SAP Financials;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with ability to explain technical financial information clearly;
- Able to manage change and cope with complex and ambiguous situations.