Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Content and Programming team is dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience to all visitors of Expo 2020 Dubai that also leaves behind a memorable and meaningful legacy. The team curates, programmes and connects a multitude of events and exhibitions created by diverse contributors, including the organisers and partners, participating nations, and other national and international contributors. The visitor experience is inspired by the Expo’s theme and brought to life, across the site for six months, through innovations, thematic displays, educational and engagement activities, art and design installations and programmes, thought leadership, live performance events, digital experiences and beyond.
The role of the Senior Manager Business Events is to support the marketing, promotion and sales of a world class portfolio of business events (MICE), inter alia in the Expo 2020 Convention and Exhibition venue. The role is commercially focused with a strong emphasis on lead generation, relationship marketing and sales to 3rd party event and exhibition organisers, MICE portfolio managers, corporates, the public sector, etc.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Achieve targets for MICE events and business visitors;
- Support the Director in developing and delivering a commercial strategy for the MICE events to be hosted during the Expo period in a way that considers the overall programming calendar, Expo narrative, visitor segments and venue specifications;
- Support the Director to formulate an overall product and sales strategy, pricing, and business case for hosting the UAE based and international MICE events at Expo 2020;
- Build a solid relationship and network with key members of the travel trade, MICE end-users, tourism authorities, and other key stakeholders – leveraging existing networks;
- Work with the marketing and communication teams to develop collateral and presence at trade shows, road shows and other third party platforms to market the value proposition for the venue;
- Prepare bespoke pitches & bid documentation;
- Support leads management and commercial negotiations through to contracting.
- Manage suppliers and logistics to ensure activations are delivered to brief and on schedule;
7+ years of relevant experience, of which at least 4 years in a management capacity in a Convention Bureau, Destination Marketing, Convention/Exhibition Centre sales, exhibition/event business development or related MICE commercial environment as well as:
- A Bachelor’s Degree holder in business management, marketing, tourism or related discipline;
- International experience and access to an established network of contacts in the MICE market;
- Proven track record of achieving MICE or destination marketing KPIs;
- Exceptional presentation skills and client relations;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills