Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Cleaning & Waste Management, (2) Logistics, (3) Site Management, (4) Landlord Asset Handover.
The purpose of the Senior Manager - Cleaning Contractor role is to lead a team who can effectively contribute to the service planning for all cleaning and waste management operations for Expo 2020, work in cross-functional teams, assist with procurement and contract management.
The main responsibiliites of this role will include:
- Operational planning capability, exhibited by high-level involvement in some form of work that requires representing an operational perspective within a cross functional environment and to work with a contracted service provider to ultimately reach a solution that is fit for purpose, meets KPI’s and is in budget;
- Strong contract management ability, including skills in contract design and administration across Facilities Management and/or cleaning operations that extend into monitoring Key Performance Indicator’s and resolving performance gaps, implementing penalties and/or incentive awards and managing contract scope variations;
- Middle management and cross functional communication skills, developed and honed through experiences in managing diverse teams, managing both up and down to ensure that necessary team members are informed;
- Delivering information in various ways, effective at presentations, written briefs and in informal settings with interactions ranging from senior executives, government stakeholders, sponsor partners and other influential entities;
- Delivering the Cleaning & Waste Management (CWM) program in line with safe cleaning procedures, including chemical storage and handling, sanitising and other safe working practices for labour intensive operations to ensure the health of clients being served and staff;
- Ensuring that all company policies and procedures are adhered to, specifically to include all responsibilities and accountabilities associated with the Expo 2020 Health and Safety Policy and assurance standards.
8+ years in a senior role working on a previous major event programme, with specific experience related to cleaning or Facilities Management (FM) services;
- A Bachelor's Degree;
- Programme/ project manager experience supporting large complex projects;
- Experience with contract procurement from tender design to execution and management;
- Knowledge across all key event operational functions, understanding the interfaces with supporting areas to ensure CWM program success;
- Experience in working with senior multi agency Government partners and external stakeholders;
- Building teams and enhancing/developing them ready for operations;
- Designing service levels against predefined services, and planning transition to operations.