Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Human Resources, Workforce and Volunteers department (HRD) is responsible for delivering an exceptional workforce who will deliver an exceptional Expo. HRD includes the following functional areas: Human Resources Operations (HRO), Workforce (WKF), Volunteers (VOL), Internal Communications, Training & Engagement (IET), Emiratization & Expo Academy (EMI)
The Senior Engagement Manager plays a key role in the Human Resources team and organisation to developing a high performance culture. By delivering quality strategic communication, wellness and employee engagement strategies and events that keeps all workforce (paid, volunteer and contractors) informed and inspired on the journey to Expo and beyond.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Design, develop and execute the corporate employee engagement and wellness strategies for the Expo2020 program to contribute to the overall strategic objectives of a healthy and engaged workforce that supports other corporate objectives such as retention and performance;
- Design and develop a yearly calendar of initiatives for both programs, including organization-level teambuilding activities to support the organizations engagement strategy;
- Oversee the rollout the various events and initiatives;
- Define metrics for both programs. Track, measure and report the metrics on a quarterly and yearly basis;
- Participate in yearly planning cycles including budgeting and resource planning;
- Lead and deliver the workforce communication and engagement strategy that informs. Inspires and retains all workforce throughout the journey;
- Design, develop and execute strategic communications for all the key campaigns and events;
- Support the design and development of the Expo Story internal narrative and the roll out of the campaign;
- Execute the leadership engagement activities as per the plan;
- Support and lead on activities that may require specialist expertise across the team;
- Collaborate with Expo2020 Dubai stakeholders to publicize their messaging to internal audiences;
- Design, develop strategic communications;
- Closely manage internal relationships with all department heads and engagement and communication champions;
- Manage all internal communication channels including; email, intranet, Al Wasl, announcements, milestone dashboards; newsletters;
- Establishing and maintaining key internal stakeholder relationships;
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues;
- Ensure that all staff acquire the required skills and knowledge through appropriate learning and development programs;
- Embed culture and vision Expo2020 by role-modelling organizational behaviors through performance management, feedback and coaching.
8+ years’ experience in a similar role, as well as:
- Specializing in internal communications and Engagement within a dynamic and diverse organization;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable within a relevant field;
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English in a PR context;
- Experience with internal communications planning and execution.