The Procurement department interfaces with all of the departments and work-streams to acquire supplies and services. The department manages Expo2020 suppliers, oversees and agrees on all contracts for expenditures, ranging from buying pens to securing large companies to complete major construction projects.
The International Participants Department at Expo 2020 Dubai is responsible for the management of country and multilateral participation at the Expo.
The Senior Manager- International Days will support the substantive engagement of Non Official Participants at EXPO 2020 Dubai with the goal of conceptualizing and designing a series of content and programming initiatives under the “EXPO International Days Programme” during the event.
The Senior Manager- International Days will be responsible for providing policy advice on issues to be addressed, preparing concept notes, developing agendas, identifying the relevant NOPs, thought leaders on the issues and for putting together the framework of engagement towards hosting the event around the various international days.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Provides strategic and substantive policy advice on the themes and issues that will be explored on each of the day;
- Develop and implement a series of programming activities and events that will be held during the international days at EXPO 2020;
- Identify and develop partnerships with international organisations, foundations, academia and corporates with an interest in the topics and themes that will be commemorated during the international days;
- Oversee the successful execution of the international days at Expo 2020;
- Oversee the daily work of the Managers and provide weekly reports and regular updates to senior management as necessary;
- Prepare his/ her team to evolve as the requirements for the preparation for the Expo evolve;
- Develop an overall programme for each of the international days, and oversee its seamless implementation during Expo.
8+ years' experience of relevant work experience including in positions of leadership and project management, as well as:
- A Bachelor degree in international development planning, political economy, or other relevant discipline;
- Excellent knowledge of international affairs;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong communication skills in the language of preference to the country as well as in English, both written and oral;
- Strength and interest in an operational role;
- Cross-functional management experience;
- Strategic thinking.