Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Ticketing department within Expo 2020’s Commercial team is responsible for the development, planning and delivery of the ticketing strategy, world-wide ticketing sales and ticketing operations for Expo 2020 Dubai, aiming at 25 million visits over the course of its 6 months.
The Manager for International Ticket Sales will engage third parties such as Destination Management Companies, Tour Operators, Airlines, Tradeshow Promoters World-Wide and OTAs etc. to secure ticket reselling and promotion agreements to drive ticket sales from all indirect channels world-wide for Expo 2020. This activity will be important in helping Expo 2020 achieve its visitor goals of 25 million visits whereby 70% of the visitors are expected to come from abroad.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Strategic planning for the development of an International reseller network with B2B key players in South Asia (mainly India), Africa (including South and North Africa), GCC and the Middle East to drive international visitation and incentivise repeat visits from the GCC market;
- Drive ticket sales and meet visitor target goals in the Expo priority markets: South Asia (mainly India), Africa (including South and North Africa), GCC and the Middle East;
- Develop strong relationships with third parties such as Destination Management Companies, Tour Operators, Airlines, and Tradeshow Promoters World-Wide etc. who will bundle destination travel packages and value-added propositions, helping to drive a high level of international visitation for Expo2020;
- Work with Expo 2020 Destination Marketing and external agencies such as Dubai Tourism to educate international markets on the commercial value of Expo 2020;
- Represent Expo 2020’s interests with frequent travel to International Tourism and MICE exhibitions to deliver destination based programs to stimulate ticket sales in core markets and achieve visitor targets;
- Finalise reseller agreements, negotiate and close contracts and activate accounts;
- Manage the related B2B reseller accounts through all operational procedures such as web-based portal ticket purchase transaction activity, promotional kit use, adherence to policies and procedures, payment collection and reconciliation;
- Perform other job-related duties as requested;
6+ years of experience in Destination/Ticketing Sales/Marketing with knowledge of the international travel industry and in particular a solid understanding of and contacts in India and South Asia, Africa (including South and North Africa), GCC and the Middle Eastern markets as well as:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business or Economics;
- 4+ years of experience in facilitating B2B promotional relationships for large scale, globally important international events and/or corporate events;
- A proven record of sales achievement developing value-added reseller relationships within the travel trade industry;
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills;
- Excellent customer services skills;
- Ability to represent Expo 2020 internationally in a professional and diplomatic manner;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Familiarity with CRM systems;
- Detail oriented with high attention to quality;
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels;
- Ability to work long hours, holidays and weekends as needed.