Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (eg.. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The Senior Manager - Visitor Communications plays a key role in the communications team, working with the Destination Marketing team, and the MICE unit to plan and coordinate communications support for destination PR, and destination marketing / MICE event attendance. In addition, this role will coordinate closely with UAE tourism bodies to integrate their PR activities and ensue that Expo provides them with the tools they require to promote Expo as a destination in 2020 and 2021.
Main responsibilities include:
- Managing with the destination marketing team to provide:
o Proactive destination PR – managing content creation and distribution with Expo’s agencies, and maintain a destination PR content calendar;
o Reactive destination PR – handling destination-specific enquiries from the international media and via UAE tourism entities, and provision of detailed, accurate and informative information to deadline;
- Liaison with Destination Management Organizations (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and RAK) and other partners to maintain a database of story angles, product, people and events:
o Coordination with Expo comms and agencies to identify stories for international press
- Manage destination PR press trips with DMOs, with the aim of achieving maximum possible positive editorial coverage of Expo as a tourist destination in the international media;
- Managing with destination marketing to provide content and media relations support for travel trade events;
- Managing with content and master planning to provide content and media relations support for MICE events and the MICE segment.
8+ years’ experience within the Communications field, as well as:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field;
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English in a PR context;
- Experience in communications planning, media engagement, and social media.