Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Worker Welfare team will support and protect the health, safety, welfare, security, rights, and the dignity of each worker on the Expo2020 projects.
The Senior Manager, Worker Welfare will support and protect the health, safety, welfare, security, rights, and the dignity of each worker on its projects. The position provides Worker Welfare leadership, direction and guidance to the Expo 2020 Dubai Project by supporting the development, deployment and implementation of the Worker Welfare program. In addition, the Worker Welfare – Senior Manager will also support various Contractors and Supervision consultants to comply with the Worker Welfare Assurance Minimum Standards through continuous monitoring, inspections, reporting and sharing expertise and informal training to those that require additional support.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Review competency of Worker Welfare resources of the Consultant and Contractor to deliver upon its commitments;
- Review Contractor Worker Welfare reports and ensure adequacy of content and validate processes used to populate reports;
Red flag contractors whose Worker Welfare standards fall below requirements;
- Monitor contractor WW performance by identify leading and lagging Worker Welfare performance indicators for the programme;
- Maintain a suitable recording and reporting system to produce regular Worker Welfare performance reports;
- Track and monitor Contractor corrective actions to close-out.
Develop and deliver a programme level Worker Welfare induction (on-boarding Consultants/Contractors);
- Facilitate Worker Welfare training across the programme and project management organisation to promote a good understanding of the PMDS;
- Produce Worker Welfare Dashboard and communicate to Worker Welfare Director;
- Ensure Delivery Team are aware of the policy, requirements and expected practices;
- Establish and maintain Worker Welfare templates for Contractors;
- Provide programme management delivery system support and follow up where requested;
- Conduct an annual review of Worker Welfare and prepare internal annual report;
- Conduct mid-year review of worker welfare and prepare mid-year report;
- Produce all other internal Worker Welfare reports as required;
- Support audits and inspections of employment practices and accommodation standards;
- Maintain a register of topical media publications related to Worker Welfare, to be shared internally;
- Support EX20 Communications Department requests for data / information.
8+ years MENA based experience is essential, as well as:
- Sound knowledge of worker welfare issues in the GCC and UAE Labour Law;
- Computer literate;
- Fluent in English (read, write and speak).