Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (eg. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The Senior Press Officer - Communications plays a key role in the communications team, working with internal and external stakeholders to plan and execute effective communications campaigns that support Expo’s strategic objectives.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing communications plans, with the Director – Editor in Chief, Director- Communications and VP Communications, for Expo activities that support the strategies of the organisation and Communications Department;
- Establishing and maintaining key internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Manage Expo 2020 Dubai communications and publicity requirements across multiple functions;
- Craft tailored PR campaigns for each Expo 2020 Dubai function that appeal to respective market segments including stakeholder mapping and segmentation, engagement strategies and tactics, crisis communication and reputation management;
- Generate positive press coverage of Expo 2020 Dubai conferences; manage relationships with journalists, across verticals and beats;
- Write effective and engaging materials, including but not limited to press releases, media pitches, statements to media, PR plans, media and consumer Q&As, key messages and other documents related to corporate initiatives and announcements;
- Collaborate with Expo 2020 Dubai stakeholders to publicise their messaging to global audiences;
- Assist with the management and oversight of the Expo 2020 Dubai Communications department;
- Lead the team responsibly and proficiently, providing effective line management to direct reports;
- Set objectives and evaluate performance of individual direct reports and actively manage key personnel issues;
- Exemplify the culture and vision of Expo 2020 by role-modelling organisational behaviours and through performance management, feedback and coaching.
A minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in the Communications industry, as well as:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a related field;
- Expert level of proficiency in written and spoken English in a communications context;
- Experience writing in a communications context;
- Experience in communications planning and media engagement;
- Ability to work to a deadline.