Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Procurement department interfaces with all of the departments and work-streams to acquire supplies and services. The department manages Expo2020 suppliers, oversees and agrees on all contracts for expenditures, ranging from buying pens to securing large companies to complete major construction projects.
Manage the development and implementation of procurement activities, policies and processes, and convert the business direction into realised procurement strategies and initiatives through liaising and communicating with internal senior management and external stakeholders and senior business professionals in order to support in meeting Expo 2020’s business needs / providing high-quality items and supplies whilst maintaining cost efficiency.
Main Responsibilities of the role include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Procurement department strategy by cascading it to action plans to ensure alignment to Expo 2020’s overall strategy;
- Establishment and management of key supply chain KPI systems and data gathering
- Manage the day-to-day operations of procurement function providing some guidance in the related area, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards;
- Manage contract creation, execution and analysis for maximizing operational and financial performance and minimizing risk;
- Establish, implement and manage the standard contract tendering and contractual documentation;
- Handle on going issue, change management and necessary modifications in the contract, ensuring both parties meet or exceed each other's Expectations;
- Establish a procurement strategy document for key projects, disseminate to the team and report progress to ensure alignment to Expo 2020’s overall strategy and objectives;
- Manage the procurement process including procurement scheduling activities, scoping and tendering packages, evaluation, negotiation, finalisation and production of robust documentation in order to ensure compliance to set procurement policies and processes.
- 10+ years experience in a relevant field; 3 years of which in managerial position;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a supply chain, procurement or relevant management discipline;
- Relevant professional accreditation;
- Industry qualified within procurement profession (MCIPS or equivalent)